4 posts in this topic
Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:43 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)

L.E.A. Help Please

mwnciboo wrote:
LEA in ARMA2  was dynamic and could be updated on the fly in the editor with ARMA2 open and running in the background, the loadouts would magically appear in game as you created them.

THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR LEA ARMA3 AT THIS TIME!

If you try to update or re-initialize, with ARMA3 already running in the background you will re-order the profiles and it will cause you problems because your Profile Names will not match your loadouts e.g a Medic can become a Sniper and other such problems, I believe this is due to the engine re-ordering the name in ALPHA-NUMERIC order independently of the loadout, rather than as created in the Editor and is possibly linked to the issue below. Still trying to establish how it is re-ordering profiles.

Also if you try to save profiles while ARMA3 is open and running, I believe LEA locks changes as the Data is being accessed by the @LEA MOD, so if you change a profile and save it, it will say "saved" but will not actually save.

I'm not sure why you're seeing this behaviour Mike, but it works fine "dynamically" for me, just like it did in Arma 2.

Procedure:
- Arma 3 running
- Running LEA as admin
- Profile Editor tab
- Create Profile
- Edit Profile
- Profile > Initialise LEA (F4)

Technically what is happening:
- As a profile is created/edited it is immediately stored in ...Program Files (x86)\LEA_A3\profiles\units
- LEA automatically reorders the list alphanumerically based on the profile description
- When you click 'Initialise LEA'
--- the list of profiles is written to ...\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Userconfig\lea\Loadout.sqf
--- the loadouts are written to: ...\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Userconfig\lea\Loadout_XX.sqf
- When you 'Apply Loadout' in game, @LEA reads the sqf files generated in the step above

These SQF files are simple scripts. Nothing in the @LEA mod or in game prevents these text files from changing.
This is how I was using "LEA" for months prior to it's official release, by manual editing of these two files - quite straightforward to cut and paste from A2 profiles (with the odd class name change and slightly different code execution) - all can be done on the fly with A3 running.

Two rules:
1) DON'T drop new downloaded profiles into ...Program Files (x86)\LEA_A3\profiles\units when LEA (the graphical front-end) is running
2) DO use Profile > Initialise LEA when you want to see your changes in game

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:53 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
I think that the scrambling might happen when profiles are dropped into ...Program Files (x86)\LEA_A3\profiles\units while the LEA front-end is open.
Maybe delete (remove to somewhere safe) the loadout.sqf and loadout_xx.sqf files from ...\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Userconfig\lea\, then re-Initialise LEA?

RHQ
Do you mean FHQ? I'm aware of RH packs and the FHQ Accessories pack.
Where is the reference? In LEA 'Required Addons'?

Here's what I'd do:
- Make a copy of the problem profile, perhaps name it "TEST"
- Delete each and every item one by one, starting with weapons, until the character is completely blank
- After each deletion, click a different profile then back to TEST again, see if the "Required Addons" has changed (it doesn't auto-update this info box)
At some point you should find the item which is referencing the mod. 

Alternatively post the loadout_xx.sqf text for that profile and I'll take a look at the class names.

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:00 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
We've made it sound more complicated than it is MadS.
Catch one of us on TS and we'll talk you through getting it working in a couple of minutes.

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:53 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Whiplash wrote:
 the issue was something else, but that's the only correlation that I could think of.

Whiplash, mwnciboo...same number of letters in name, same nuts loose behind the wheel, correlation complete ;-)

+ New Topic + Post Reply