Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1)

ArmA 3 Zeus ?

Looks good.

You want dynamic ops? There you go.

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:38 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5)
I guess they took the name "Zeus" because you can throw a big lightning strike down!

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:58 am     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Modding Team (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
Benzy, you can of course already do that thanks to Shay's work on MCC. It is both a 'gamesmaster' tool and unlike Zeus, it contains a 3d Editor that can be saved to a mission.sqm and loaded into the standard BIS editor for creating operations. Hopefully anything good Zeus actually brings can be incorporated into a more powerful MCC.

"Never turn down an ale, who knows if it may be your last."

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:01 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Ah Spirit, I just can't win with you. If I talk to you about any MCC issues all I get is a quick....."Talk to Shay, it is nothing to do with me"...brush off. However, if I fail to mention you and MCC in the same breath when praising it...you jump up and down and wave your arms shouting...."It was me as well!" 

Just kidding. :D

Seriously though, while it is good BIS is putting a dynamic editor into the game, I do think MCC will remain superior in so many ways. Not only does it have more functionality, Shay is amazing when it comes to accepting community input and providing quick updates to correct bugs.

It was very interesting on the BIS forum that he had a BIS developer telling him in a post not to quit MCC (in the wake of Zeus I am guessing he felt gut punched) as they were all waiting to see what he came up with once Zeus was released!!! Praise indeed.

Quick point: Am I the only one that thinks that the lightning bolt is just a daft animation to cover the deletion of a unit from the map by the gamesmaster. It won't actually have any impact ingame.

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:19 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Personally I like the direction MCC is moving into. Automatic missions..bonus. Great dynamic mission creation / features, plus a realistic AI..all great. The ability to open up the BIS editor, place a unit, preview, then build the mission in the console with the 3D editor and save it to sqm is fantastic. No more guess work with heights of units for placing them in buildings and you can build your own compounds by adding structures not usually featured into the BIS editor. If you / Shay can add in GAIA and make it possible to add zones / spawned units (and Garrison) into the 3D editor, save it as an sqm, then load it up into the BIS editor with the zones / spawned units (and Garrisons) with generated waypoints within that zone, creating missions for dedicated Ops will be so much easier for the community. Currently those are not saved into the sqm, only the individually placed units / structures. Group generator units and waypoints do not transfer. If there was also a way to create the playable units and determine load outs for each role....MCC would be complete as an all in one mission creation tool.

Just my thoughts on the direction of travel.

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:15 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1)
I thought this was a zues thread not an mcc one.

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:25 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
MyCatSaid wrote:
I thought this was a zues thread not an mcc one.

Very closely related. Relevant. Threads develop.

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

+ New Topic + Post Reply