+ New Topic + Post Reply
10 posts in this topic
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:28 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Leadership (1) Operation Medal (2)

Sunday night ops

So I hope Apollo doesn't mind me asking but as I've made one op and am building another with Depro and Ninja I'm just a little intrigued as to what everyone enjoys on their sunday night ops?  What do you want to see more of?  What do you want to see less of?

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:17 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
I don't mind at all Andy and would like to know the answers too.

Turnout for Sunday's 'Hostage Zelenogorsk' was poor (21 players). Is this because it was TvT and players would prefer Coop? Or just coincidence for that evening?

Personally I feel disappointed when members don't participate in official Op's just because they don't favour that particular style of mission. Perhaps we need a poll so mission makers can focus appropriately...

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:38 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
J2 Ninja wrote:
Sadly there were issues for me connecting on Sunday, I think a few other had issues as well. I couldnt tell you why everything was up to date etc.

Run without -nologs and it will probably tell you which mod is incorrect.

I've only heard of 2 problems from people first hand:
1) People dying on initial spawn - probably caused by an incorrect admin server start-up procedure coupled with no JIP - I can replicate by not restarting correctly.
2) Spectator script not working fully for everyone - well it's just vanilla Arma, so probably an Arma bug.
Aside from that I understand it was stable with good fps throughout.

J2 Ninja wrote:
I dont think anyone wants to spend the evening trouble shooting, it not fair on everyone else to wait either.

The server is generally up for testing from Saturday to give people time to get help if the green download button failed to work, although due to my absence I doubt that happened this week. For future it's useful to know though.

J2 Ninja wrote:
I think whatever anyone prefers it need to be simple in its execution.

I agree, although it won't get simpler than last Sunday! - only 8 basic mods, green download/play button, no AI at all, minimal scripts or triggers.

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:37 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
I LOVE IT ALL

Its only RL events getting in the way!
I do like the good coverage of different types of OP, but it would be nice to work with some people to get some kind of 'campaign' going.  Think 'Urban Locker', which was great!

Once I figure out this alive persistence stuff it would be nice to have a rolling event, maybe on Wednesday nights

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:16 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
I'm struggling to get a mission designer to give us one mission to play, let alone a campaign. Wishful thinking!

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:15 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
I like the idea of a campaign, but for one person to make it would be a mammoth undertaking.  You would need at least 3 maybe 4 mission makers to build the missions for it but it would need storyboarding beforehand so that the end of mission 1 could move into mission 2 and so forth.  On the other hand you could have an overlying story like the one you posted and each mission is it's separate entity in the campaign.

I unfortunately have too much going on in my life at present to be able to say yes to setting something like this up.  But I am less busy in a months time, as far as my calendar at present.

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:44 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Modding Team (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
I agree Andy. When I put Operation Trident together, it was meant to be Mission 1 of a campaign, with 3CB performing a seaborne invasion to take and hold Molos airbase from which to push out into the rest of the Altis. CSAT would counter-attack the NATO Naval Taskforce in the Med and effectively leave 3CB with limited assets to conduct the campaign (i.e. just the equipment given to them each mission), and leave CSAT to reinforce the losses they suffer each mission, ready for the next. Not being that experienced with mission making and working full time, I could never hope to create a full campaign. Therefore, I had hoped to throw the campaign open to the clan so that people could make up missions to be included. Mods like Alive and the port of A2 maps pretty much knocked that off course as we rarely use Altis and CSAT forces any more. However, if there was interest from people, I am sure a few of us could put together a frame work.

"Never turn down an ale, who knows if it may be your last."

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:55 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Well Evrik don't forget that you can include Alive into the missions to occupy towns whilst having other EI units controlled by the editor.

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:02 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Modding Team (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
Oh yeah, I know that Alive can be combined, I just mean it was something else to learn when I was really just getting to grip with making standard missions. From the issues encountered in the original run of Trident, I am certain Alive would have been handy for maximising FPS.

"Never turn down an ale, who knows if it may be your last."

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:30 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Mr. White has written and story-boarded a mini campaign but needs someone to make it for him... I'm not able to at the moment.

SJ

+ New Topic + Post Reply