NATO Hellcats

15 posts in this topic
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:17 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Leadership (1) Operation Medal (2)
Raptor can we swap out your definition with the black hawk for the Merlin please as it is a British aircraft that is in service, also the Chinook is used for Medivac as it is a big stable fast platform for triage. 

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:27 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
I think once we get "treat injury" options inside vehicles, doing medevacs will become more feasible. The current system, where they'll just bleed out during flight and then drop out of the chopper (Sorry Null!) makes the whole concept of medevac sort of pointless.

Btw: Doesn't AGM now automatically stop bleeding when inside a medevac chopper? If yes, we should just update the maps on the public to have some medevac choppers / use them by default until we have a more realistic "treat in vehicle" system

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:56 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
The current Altis map has a medevac Merlin at base. It's the only medevac chopper available in the public server mod set. I haven't checked whether it's different in any way apart from the red cross symbol on the side of the fuselage, but I'm guessing not.

You're correct that Peral's A10 isn't in the mod list because of it's bugs. 

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:17 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Modding Team (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
Apollo, I believe there is a medevac Wildcat variant in the UKSF pack under support as well as the Merlin and the Hunter versions. I have absolutely no idea if they work with the @AGM bleed-out prevention though. I don't know if anyone has tested it.

"Never turn down an ale, who knows if it may be your last."

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:26 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
I guess this turned into a thread about the general approach on the gameplay.

I am one of those people who is asking himself pretty much two questions:

A. What is the objective/situation/mission goal?
B, How can it be solved?

So far A is pretty easy to answer in general on the pubserver. B however is a more difficult question and when I try to answer it, I do look around and check what we have around at the time and have to ask myself something like this.

Do we have a pilot online?
If not, I do have to drive or walk and the same goes for CAS. If there is no player online to provide it, I root it out as a option for the time,

Pretty much the same goes for other kinds of support from artillery or armor.

So to me calling something in over MCC, Alive or Zeus is a bit of a cheat. I always had the most fun in ArmA when parts like this came together with people playing those positions and working together as a team. In my opinion this is the big quality of ArmA 3 that seperates it from other Shooters like Battlefield etc. where everyone can nearly do everything. So to me if you dont have the manpower to play a mission where you launch a assault on a  strong enemy with armor support etc. you shouldnt do it in the first place.

There is no war to end all wars.

+ New Topic + Post Reply