1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)

Where the hell is that fire coming from? (since DLC update)

Completely Agree. always prided myself on being able to pinpoint a direction of contact but really struggled last night.. All the Popping and "Silenced" weapon fire is SUPPOSED to be Bis's idea of supersonic cracks as bullets whizz by overhead... They just didn't do a very good job of it...

If ACE doesn't fix this we can always look into JSRS Lite or something that WILL definitely fix it.

100% agree that at the moment it's not the way it's supposed to be and more confusing than immersive

SJ

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:13 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
I think that's a bit rich guys - please don't make sweeping statements that try to box our opinions and then liken us to 13 year old idiots... You know better.

You clearly disagree - and may have enjoyed Sunday night's BB sound effects but IN MY OPINION - In no way were the firefight sound effects realistic on Sunday night. "Crack - bang" is classic infantry training and what BIS are trying to simulate. "silenced Pop" with no bang is - just weird.

If the weapon packs need to be adapted to take advantage of the new system - that's all well and good. I'd be delighted to test it again.

However for my ears, and it seems the majority of the other posters who played on Sunday until that adjustment is made it sounds crap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMq4wiIOKGE

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:25 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Benzy wrote:
I have to say it is hilarious that everyone runs around screaming the vanilla sounds are s**t and not realistic enough and that mods make it so much closer to life that when BI completely redoes the sound system and makes it one of the most realistic i have even heard everyone then runs around flapping their arms and complaining its too hard and they want things to be more gamey. Aside from the fact some mods are broke (and of course they are a core tenet of the game changed what the heck do you expect) this is a massive step up in "Realism" which the so called community made up of 3000 odd whining 13 year olds have been demanding for months, suddenly when we get something this close to RL fire people only want cheesy gunfire effects again.

Mods like JSRS and the like sound cool and incorporate some realistic features but as far as actual gunfire goes the core system is much closer right now.

It is the job of the developer to make things people can be happy about. If they dont do it, it is the job of the community to say so. Dont get me wrong, we can be kind of greatful that Bohemia is working on things like that and they also give those things people who did not buy the DLC etc. I think it is definetly a step in the right direction and in fact I do like some of the new sounds. The weapons itself sound good and I especially like the new sounds for silencers. The new incoming fire is however far from perfect and I would not even call them good.

It is nice they are doing this, but they should have worked some more on it. A lot of people pointed the problems out while it was in the development build and yet it made it into the release. There is no real excuse for this. They did not introduce vortex ring state with the helicopter dlc because they felt it was not ready yet and they should have done the same with those sounds. Also I dont feel the need that I "owe" Bohemia some gratidude about it. Bohemia are not my friends. I am a customer and they sold me a product. I supported them by buying the alpha package and they had my trust in form of money I gave them. They are not doing this for free, they are still selling DLC and will also sell expansions. It is good to see that they will develop ArmA 3 further and will publish more content for it in the future. But dont mistake that for something like gratitude or mercy. They do it because they want to make money for it and there is nothing wrong with that.

Coming back to the sounds I dont care too much about actual realism. First at all sounds in the game need to make sense. Realism comes after that for me. The current sounds for incoming shots do not make sense in the game and it is creating problems in the actual gameplay. I do hope they will fix this in updates (and I am relatively sure they will). However pretty much every soundmod I know in ArmA 3 does a better job at those specific sounds. Maybe they are not like in the "real life"but at least they make sense and dont hurt the gameplay.

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:20 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Benzy wrote:
Serjames wrote:
I think that's a bit rich guys - please don't make sweeping statements that try to box our opinions and then liken us to 13 year old idiots... You know better.

wowow wait, i was referring to the general Reddit response/average FB comment on the A3 page and the f**k on the steam forum not 3CB.
(Then again i suppose i am an idiot for reading comment of the average git to comment on these places but still)

OH....

sorry mate....

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:15 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Well Benzy thats the internet for you. The sad thing is that there are so much people simply bitching that most of the legitimate criticism will not be noticed and people just call it another s**t. That sadly seems to be the time we are living in.

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:31 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Remember we're playing with non standard weapons hence sounds not yet configured to use bis tails. I'll wait to see what RHS come up with. Anyone tested how our weapons pack sound ?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

+ New Topic + Post Reply