+ New Topic + Post Reply
8 posts in this topic
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:54 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)

Prepare for broken mods

From the current SITREP

Quote:
We now have a pretty good picture of the consolidated Eden Update package. It is shaping up to be an awesome free update to Arma 3, made possible by your support for the game. We have created our data snapshot and applied the usual development locks, so that we can begin to focus on testing and tweaking the update as a whole. This also means that we'll open the Steam Release Candidate testing branch this or next week.

We'll do our best to stress test the update ourselves and to ensure that no new issues are introduced. We do however really need your help, especially when it comes to custom mods and other variables we can't directly control. Please focus on truly new issues and report them to Feedback Tracker with a clear indication that they were tested in the RC build. If an issue looks like it may be in custom content, kindly forward the details to the authors of that content as well. There are a number of complex platform changes that may affect compatibility even though we've striven to guard back-compat throughout. The powerful new Eden Editor affects code in the engine that is shared by both editors, the low-level audio engine was overhauled, many scripted functions were optimized and replaced by script command calls, etc. All of these will bring the platform forward in huge ways, but there is an element of risk. Together we can minimize problems, and should they occur, we'll work hard to solve them as quickly as possible. Ultimately the game will be much better for it!

http://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00140

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:16 am     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Modding Team (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
Better get a Public mission with vanilla units and medical system ready to go. We might need it in the immediate aftermath. :D

"Never turn down an ale, who knows if it may be your last."

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:17 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Public Regular (1)
you see 'Broken mods' i see ... good stress test for the mod deployment via a3sync =) 

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:29 am     Super secret spam barrier

On Dev branch I've had no issues with any mods, I haven't checked the error log though. 

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:55 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
I've recently switched to dev branch to develop what will hopefully become a new public mission so we should have at least one mission that runs. However, I haven't noticed any real mod issues so far - here's hoping we'll have a smooth transition with all mods/missions :)

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:32 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
Alexander wrote:
I've recently switched to dev branch to develop what will hopefully become a new public mission so we should have at least one mission that runs. However, I haven't noticed any real mod issues so far - here's hoping we'll have a smooth transition with all mods/missions :)
Great - looking forward to the improved xla arsenal whitelist script.....................

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:56 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Apollo wrote:
Alexander wrote:
Great - looking forward to the improved xla arsenal whitelist script.....................

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:44 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5)
Mefirst wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Alexander wrote:
Bear Grylls would've pissed on it.

+ New Topic + Post Reply