3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
7 posts in this topic
Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:37 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3) Mission Designer (1)

Dawn of a New Era (OOC/Sign Up Thread)

Game Thread is now up https://www.3commandobrigade.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=1879

A power shift is emerging. The fall of the Soviet Union has only left one superpower left, with a large surge of political changes happening around the globe. Although George H. W. Bush has declared a "New World Order". It will be tricky for many nations to adjust their foreign policies to adapt to this new world. Many nations will attempt a route of peace, but others may still become a dangerous aggressor in world politics.

China is a growing power, with their new leader Jiang Zemin pushing for economic reforms to bring the people of his nation to prosperity and out of poverty. The Russian Federation, although newly formed, can still be a formidable foe with its remaining military strength, but the failing economy of the nation will tell what occurs of its future.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, most of you guys are a bit confused about this post. You be all like, "whay is mackerel crazy?", to which I respond, I am partially sane thank you very much. Anyway this is just more of an experiment run of a forum nation game. I have explained this to a few people already, and its fairly simple. Think of it as a role playing game, but you are in charge of running a nation, like hearts of iron or whatever. I will post some extra stuff for guiding how I want things to be formatted, but because this is a sign up thread for whoever wants to claim a nation, feel free to do so. I will not be able to actively monitor the thread this weekend, since I am stuck on a school retreat, but after that we will see how the world ends up. 

My justification for doing this is simple. This is for just seeing how bad we can mess up our world, and for any mission makers to become inspired by events that may occur and make missions off of the events. I will create random events for us to follow, but I will try to follow history to a degree so that way I don't have historical chimpanzees hoping on my back and scratching me with furious anger, and of course it would be hypocritical for me to do stupid stuff like that, a history buff myself.

INSTRUCTIONS
So here is how its gonna run, for now I will be the only moderator for the game, but may need to appoint more if necessary. I will use a random generator to determine the outcome of events, and I will approve of actions you make, not in relations with each other, but world affecting events such as a Russian Peacekeeping force being deployed to Serbia, or the United States invading Iraq. Once again, I will try to keep it in a realistic context, so rebels probably wont beat off a professional army in the African jungle. But players in the nation game of course can negotiate and interact with one another, whether trying to stop WWIII on the United Nations Security Council or making treaties/investments with one another. Please dont be a retarded leader though, and no Null, North Korea doesn't have the capacity to nuke Florida and take over Disneyland, you twat. 

Now below you will see a map, I filled out some of the countries with colors, because they may be taken quickly, and I would personally recommend someone taking control of them. Nations not under control of other players will still interact, but think of it like me acting out the role of the AI in ArmA.

Now for signing up for nations, of course its handy dandy, but I want you to follow a format that I will post below.

Name: Canada
Head of State: Queen Elizabeth II
Head of Government:Brian Mulroney
Type of Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Population:27,945,000
Capital: Ottawa
Largest City: Toronto

Economic Status: Good

Domestic
Internal Events:
-The city of Quebec is undergoing riots due to the shortage of propane this winter.

Internal Problems:
- National Debt rising
- Educational Level decreasing due to poorly thought out policies

Military
(For this section fill out what you know, and research if possible)

Army:

Air Force:

Navy:

Alliances/Agreements/Pacts/Trade:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some basic stuff stuff you may want to know as well about messaging other players:

To United Kingdom
From Canada

We wish purchase 30 Centurions to add to our arsenal

(The message above I made up is a specific statement that anyone is allowed to see, but if you want to address the world, just replace To ______ with General Statement)

If the message is secret such as back hand deals, it would look like this

To North Korea
From United States
*Secret*
If you are willing to disband your nuclear program, we may be able to offer some gold in exchange to bring value to your currency, what do you say?

(The message above is what you would see for a super sneaky message, but if you forget to put that, it could be counted against you as someone intercepting your plans or whatever)

I know its a bit of information to fill out, but 1, we will see how many wanna do this, and 2 because its first claims just state your claim on a nation then fill out the information as best as you can.

Protip: Nuclear Exchange = Game Over

Last edited by Mackereldude on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:44 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Also check your facts about your gear, this game will start in 1992

Current Claims along with temporary claims, (if not claimed within a proper timespan of 24 hours, another person who also claimed will recieve the nation)

Howl: United States of America
Stooge: Russian Federation
NullJaeger: North Korea
Whiplash: Finland
Benzy: Japan
Wash: South Korea
Cupcake: Germany
Wyatt: United Kingdom
Depro: Portugal (Soon will be Brazil)
Valhallan: China
Bloopers: France

Economic Chart:

Great. Good, Moderate, Bad, Poor, Horrible

Last edited by Mackereldude on Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:47 am, edited 11 times in total.

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:01 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1)
Public Regular (1)
http://imgur.com/FE0Bt0z

My english is very best.

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:34 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
One last thing before you guys run off to game thread (which is up currently in the other games section), if you want to make warplans, like maybe counter insurgency operations or an invasion plan of a country, just PM me your battle plan. I would also enjoy seeing pictures if possible. ;)

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:46 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Bloopers you are ready to go on the forums but Frojo, this is focused on larger countries, not counties, could you possibly choose something else?

Depro you are also free to change to Brazil.

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:34 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
I've been forced into joining....

Name:Sweden
Head of State:King Carl XVI Gustaf
Head of Government:Fredrik Reinfeldt
Type of Government:Democracy under Constitutional Monarchy
Population:9,644,864
Capital:Stockholm
Largest City:Stockholm
Economic Status:Good

Domestic
Internal Events
- Country is in uproar as corrupt police attempt to cover up recent robberies. Riots are expected.

Internal Problems
- Crime rates on the rise as burglars use social media as a tool to identify families that are away on holiday.
- Immigrants claim they are unjustly treated.

Military
Army
2 x infantry regiment
3 x armoured/mechanised regiment
1 x artillery regimen
1 x AAA regimen
1 x Engineering regiment
1 x Signals regiment
1 x Logistic regiment

Air Force
3 x Air Force wing
3 x Helicopter squadron

Navy
3 x Naval unit
1 x Amphibious unit

Alliances/Agreements/Pacts/Trade
Partnership with NATO, but not yet part of NATO.

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:16 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)

What? It's relevant, I swear.

http://www.thelocal.se/20140221/class-not-heritage-defines-high-school-success-rate

+ New Topic + Post Reply