3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
10 posts in this topic
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:54 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1)

Rainbow Six: Siege

Rainbow 6 Vegas was fun I liked that game.

The way they act in this gameplay video is terrible though. Might be fun similar to small 5v5 matches on CS. Nothing that makes me want to buy it yet though.

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:12 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Looks like a modern SWAT sequel.

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:44 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5)
I hope it also gets a good singleplayer. :)

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:50 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
I'm really looking forward to this and The Division. As Raptor and Depro mentioned, I can see 3CB enjoying a bit of this from time to time - I think we'd be pretty good at it.

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:27 am     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Howl wrote:
Is this going to be matchmaking based? Seems like it would be neat. Never played a Rainbow Six game, but this looks pretty fun. Also - are those voices from while they were playing or was it pre-recorded?

They're either pre-recorded and then played back over the gameplay (to make it look like they're talking in game), or they're all actors and they're reading from a script during the gameplay.

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:03 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
This 110% scripted. While I understand that it kinda has to be scripted to some kind of extend, the presentation is annyoing. Of course it has to be scripted to show key gameplay features and content but I do get annoyed by the way they talk in the video because I nobody actually does talk like that. You can also hear that they recorded this with people who have at least some experience in voice acting and they sure did use good microphones to record it. I guess they recorded it after a script and did the voicework later on.

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:39 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1)
And look how slow and crappy they were aiming and moving. It's slow paced so everything can run according to the script.

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:51 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Probably "gameplay" from a console. Also I guess they aim so slow because it is not "real aiming".

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:53 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Goodson wrote:
They're either pre-recorded and then played back over the gameplay (to make it look like they're talking in game), or they're all actors and they're reading from a script during the gameplay.

Mefirst wrote:
This 110% scripted. While I understand that it kinda has to be scripted to some kind of extend, the presentation is annyoing. Of course it has to be scripted to show key gameplay features and content but I do get annoyed by the way they talk in the video because I nobody actually does talk like that. You can also hear that they recorded this with people who have at least some experience in voice acting and they sure did use good microphones to record it. I guess they recorded it after a script and did the voicework later on.

If you were replying to me, when I said pre-recorded I was also referring to a script ;)

I gotta agree with you though, it does seem too false. It would be better if they recorded different gameplay from various different testers and then just chose the one that they liked the most. Would feel a lot more natural and enjoyable to watch.

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:08 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
I for one welcome that the series is now "free" of tom clancy. So I am more happy with a series that doesnt have to use kinda weird constructed plots about terrorism etc. However this game doe in fact look more like a beefed up SWAT game with focus on mp.

+ New Topic + Post Reply