3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
5 posts in this topic
Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:25 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3) Mission Designer (1)

The Eastern Wind (OOC/Sign Up Thread)

Blighted by the long tail of a deep-rooted economic crisis and sliding toward the threshold of war, beleaguered NATO member-states stand weakened against an ambitious, resurgent Iran.

Flooded with profits from the rich export markets of a resource-thirsty SE-Asia and the rising price of oil, bolstered by strong ties with China and strategic entente with Russia, Iran sought to expand its influence.
Deployed under the auspices of a swift humanitarian response, Turkey – decimated by a series of devastating and unprecedented natural disasters – fell within months to the ruthless Iranian Armed Forces. Iran’s aggressive expansion – spilling over into Greek sovereign territory – was brought to a halt in Rhodope Prefecture with the ratification of the Jerusalem Peace Accord of 2034, which crystallized a new strategic front along the shorelines of the Aegean Sea.

With the US locked into its own proxy-wars against aggressive Chinese expansionism in the Pacific, with each year more member-states leaving NATO on the promise of Russian oil, the fragmented alliance faces the growing risk of a global conflict that they can ill-afford.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHOOPDEDO, another Nation game. Now some may wonder why I chose the Arma 3 universe to set this in rather than modern day or cold war, to which my reason is that we can do more things with it.

1. Bohemia can come up with cool sounding scenarios but make stupid decisions on it, we can adjust that to our liking
2. This is 2035, and there are definitely changes between not only alliances, but between economies and even new countries.
3. As stated above, this means (with approval from me of course) you can create your own countries in the game, or use ones that exist in the ArmAverse, like Altis or Sahrani.

Now some things to note before you create your nation or whatever.

In this timeline, NATO is crumbling and is losing its influence to CSAT, which means most european and the american economy is struggling along, with protests and such occuring, and more nations starting to favor the eastern powers.
CSAT is comprised of both the Republic of Iran and China, which although are under the same pact also known as CSAT, they have different interests in mind, although they of course are very aggressive in expansion over the recent years.
In 2035, we dont have accurate numbers of course for units and such, so feel free to make it up within reason as to what equipment and manpower they have, I dont want to see Sealand with 15 nuclear warheads and 300,000 men strong of an army.

When you create a fictional country with approval, send through a message MS Paint showing the territory you own, I will adjust if necessary.

As in ARMA 3, although we were dissapointed with the weaponry choice, we will use this as the basis of equipment standardized within NATO and CSAT forces. But of course this does not mean we can still see AK/M16 usage because as we have seen in the past weapons as far back as early 20th century are used in modern combat. (Example is Iraqi Sniper with Mosin Nagant).

Finally, this game is going to run a little different, where although nation interests are still theirs at heart, this is a cold war focused game between NATO and CSAT, which smaller nations can align towards. Finally of course I will fire off events that may trigger Proxy Wars, although they probably wont end in Vietnam War 2 Mark IV style.

Here is the format example:

Name: Republic of Altis
Head of State: Colonel Akhanteros
Type of Government: Dictatorship
Population:1,240
Capital: Pyrgos

Economic Status: Bad

Domestic
Internal Events:
- NATO Peacekeeping forces are withdrawing from the region, along with CSAT investors taking interest in the small republic.

Internal Problems:
- FIA Insurgency
- Legitimacy of Current Government is in question after the Coup D'etat 5 years prior

Military
(For this section fill out what you know, and research if possible)

Army:

Air Force:

Navy:

Alliances/Agreements/Pacts/Trade:
N/A, currently accepting CSAT training and military trade agreement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Same type of deal negotiating with other players as previous nation game, which I will copy below. I will also advance the game with every player messaging his action on the game thread and then advance the game one year.

Here are some basic stuff stuff you may want to know as well about messaging other players:

To United Kingdom
From Canada

We wish purchase 30 Centurions to add to our arsenal

(The message above I made up is a specific statement that anyone is allowed to see, but if you want to address the world, just replace To ______ with General Statement)

If the message is secret such as back hand deals, it would look like this

To North Korea
From United States
*Secret*
If you are willing to disband your nuclear program, we may be able to offer some gold in exchange to bring value to your currency, what do you say?

(The message above is what you would see for a super sneaky message, but if you forget to put that, it could be counted against you as someone intercepting your plans or whatever)

I know its a bit of information to fill out, but 1, we will see how many wanna do this, and 2 because its first claims just state your claim on a nation then fill out the information as best as you can.

Protip: Nuclear Exchange = Game Over (Yes this is still possibru)

Last edited by Mackereldude on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:28 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Current Claims along with temporary claims, (if not claimed within a proper timespan of 24 hours, another person who also claimed will recieve the nation)

Nulljager: Germany
Professor Wyatt: Mexico (Temp)

Current Moderators: Nulljager

Economic Chart:

GreatGoodModerateBadPoorHorrible

A couple of videos to give an idea of the universe

Last edited by Mackereldude on Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:23 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5)
Again? :( You know how it ended the last time, Super Japanese Gundams wanted to control the world

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:28 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
How about an Imperial Titan?

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:15 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
No mechs this time around, maybe another game but the kind of disagreement occuring in the previous one grinds the game to a halt.

+ New Topic + Post Reply