3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

Fallout

26 posts in this topic
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:00 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Just bought it. Will be downloading as soon as I get home

Murphy's Law of Combat Operations # 8: If at first you don't succeed... call in an airstrike.
ImageImage

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:10 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (6) Donator (1) Training Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1) Operation Medal (3)
Although reading the above posts makes me very envious, im sticking to my plan of waiting till december when I have most of the month off work, buying this now will not help my marriage!

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:25 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Operations Design Team

Ribbons:
Service Medal (2) Media Man (1) Donator (1)
Mission Designer (3) Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1)
Operation Medal (4)
bobert wrote:
Although reading the above posts makes me very envious, im sticking to my plan of waiting till december when I have most of the month off work, buying this now will not help my marriage!

Same boat, although not married thankfully. My work has a xmas shutdown so I'll binge on it then.

Anyone got any recommendations on where to buy Fallout 4 from for the best value?

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:50 pm     Super secret spam barrier

i love my new internet, this downloaded in an hour and a half!! would have taken literal days at the old pad

Murphy's Law of Combat Operations # 8: If at first you don't succeed... call in an airstrike.
ImageImage

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:01 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (6) Donator (1) Training Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1) Operation Medal (3)
NullJeager wrote:
bobert wrote:
I managed to convince the missus a while back that this is a game that IS being bought.

I convinced her last night to allow me to buy the game and season pass, and to play it.  Just words, no favours, nothing.

Don't ask how it happened, it just did.

Maybe ill show her your post, 

'Null's wife let him buy it'

see if that works

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:45 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Operations Coordinator
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Zeus Operations (2) Mission Designer (4) Leadership (1)
Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Operation Medal (4)
Bugger...no mouse cursor when I get the game open. Don't have any additional controllers plugged in, and I've already tried to adjust the 'Fallout4Prefs.ini' to 'bGamepadEnable=0'

Any thoughts?

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:57 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Operations Coordinator
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder

Ribbons:
Yea, tried both :S. Might try without the keyboard and see if I get any love with just the mouse plugged in. 

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:45 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Operations Coordinator
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder

Ribbons:
Given up tonight. I shall try on a fresh boot tomorrow and report back..hopefully they release a fix by the time I wake up :P

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:44 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Operations Coordinator
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder

Ribbons:
Yea, not sure what the issue is. Seems like something which I can resolve with a bit of tweaking though - just need to find the culprit. Hopefully I can have a crack tonight. 

Gutted I can't get it running yet though - as I've only heard positive feedback so far. 

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:06 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Fallout 4 is a bit weird if I keep thinking about it. A german news magazine which is not exactly really competent when it comes to video games wrote a article about it that really hits the nail.

Quote:
The graphics are from 2008.
The main story is not that interesting.
The controls on the pc are horrible.

Yet it is a fascinating game.

Fallout is far from being a ugly game, but the quality of the textures and the animations are on the same level as sykring and sometimes even below that, like the texture quality of the faces of a lot of npc's, But fallout can rescue it's looks often with some good and well placed lights and other graphic effects. Despite being a nuclear wasteland the game is pretty colorful. My biggest bone I have to pick with the game are the controls and the UI: They come straight from the console version and are not just unresposinvie and on some oocasions f**k broken.

I do not play with WASD and with the arrow keys. There is still a large group of people who do it to that number you can add left-handed people and people whith physical disabilities. Sadly a lot of keys are hard-coded in the game and that makes controlling the game something between uncomfortable and broken. E is hard-coded to picking up things from containers and building stuff in the workbench menu. The arrow keys are hard-coded in the workbench-menu for the navigation of the menu. Meaning when you use arrow keys to move around in the normal mode, you can not move arround in the workbench-menu. That makes building anything a real pain.

They also dumbed down conversations a lot and you know have the usual "emotion wheel" with usually 4 different options. From a technical aspect this also sometimes creates a problem when a npc has conversational options about multiple quest. The wheel will only show the option for what it considers the more important quest and you can only talk about something else once that quest and those conversation options are finished.

Still it is a good game and I am a bit pissed off my pc decided to turn on me and I cant play it.

+ New Topic + Post Reply