Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)

Star Wars Battlefront Beta is now available to Pre-Load

Sooo turns out my Origin account was hacked during the 'Russian EA hackings' fiasco some time ago. Sorting it out with EA support now...

Edit: Got my account back. B*stard changed my username and everything. Apparently I now live in Russia (see flag icon bottom left).

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:22 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Operations Design Team

Ribbons:
Service Medal (6) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Zeus Operations (2) Mission Designer (3) Leadership (1)
Operation Medal (4)
You guys played much of the Beta? Got any thoughts? I was a bit skeptical before I played the beta (Always wary when classic games are re-made) but to be honest, so far I love it!

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:27 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Yeah loving it so far. The gameplay is just awesome, and the graphics + sound are amazing. Does have a bit of an old-school shooter feel to it, which is refreshing. Hip firing is your friend.

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:56 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
It's CoD with Star Wars stuff. If you fancy that idea, it might be a good game for you.

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:40 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Not so much CoD - more like Star Wars themed Battlefield but with a hint of old-school mechanics:

- No classes
- Power ups (that you pick up in the level)
- No iron sights (can use scope on some rifles but it doesn't provide any accuracy bonus, unlike modern shooters)
- No weapon reloading (reminds me of Quake. Instead we get weapon overheating)

I like these 'new' mechanics, reminds me of some older shooters I used to play.

Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:16 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Benzy wrote:
Its terrible so far, bland and lackluster shooter with a star wars skin on it. Atmosphere, graphics and the world they have built are all good but i feel like I've seen everything the game has to offer already, play more than two matches and you realise you are just riding the same roller-coaster over and over. Combats decent, Hero's are cool, Pick ups are retarded, Balance is s**t, Air Combat is f**k atrocious even for a battlefield clone, Grenade throw range is idiotic, AT-ST controls are clunky, Third person is cool and they need to change how the spawning system works for both air and troopers because its idiotic at the moment where you spawn behind enemy lines or on grenades half the time. Oh yeah and no server browser, f**k you Disney.

Overall not touching it, overpriced, over simplified stamped out with approval for the masses. Battlefront 1 and 2 were never difficult or complex games but at least they had some character this on the other hand i'm sad is even associated with the title.

I haven't tried the 'cooler' stuff yet (air combat, AT-STs, heroes, etc), but so far the gameplay has just been epic. I'm not gonna buy it (at least not with the current price tag), but I've gotta admit - it's the most fun I've had playing a game in a while (and as you know, I go through a lot of games). I never played the original Battlefront games so can't really comment on them, but based on this game alone I really enjoyed playing it.

Game balance is likely to change (as with most Beta games), so I won't comment on anything balance-related just yet. As for game modes - we've only seen 2 (out of about 6 I think).

Also, I get the feeling that this game is gonna get a lot of hate simply for being an EA game (as we all know the bad reputation that EA has atm). If it had a Valve logo on it and was a bit cheaper, I can imagine people's reviews being significantly more positive.

If it was a bit cheaper (say £30), I'd definitely buy it. Gonna wait for the next sale.

+ New Topic + Post Reply