+ New Topic + Post Reply
11 posts in this topic
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:23 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Leadership (1) Operation Medal (2)

Rainbow six siege

Anyone got it, thinking about getting it or used the free weekend they just did. Wondering whether to get it when the price comes down or not bother. Sounds like it's best in a team and we all know how randomers online play!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:57 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Looks terrible to me. No proper planning stage, and gimmicky gadgets. Won't be a patch on the originals

Murphy's Law of Combat Operations # 8: If at first you don't succeed... call in an airstrike.
ImageImage

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:46 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Well I've not played any of the others so no expectations there. Wasn't gonna take it to seriously. Along with that I won't buy it at its current price more thinking is buy it if it came down in price.

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:46 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Is it likely to go on sale?

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:59 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
25% and it still is pretty much at price other games have on the release. I consider checking the game out when it has way more content as it has now, or it is around 20€.

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:28 pm     Super secret spam barrier

I would never pay £50 for a game. Well, Arma I would but I know how much value for money I get there.

RB6 Siege looks like a flash in the pan fad to me and echo others comments on price. £15-20 tops for a few piss about sessions whilst having a beer.

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:49 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Recruitment Manager
Game Admin
Site Admin
Advanced Trainer
Operations Design Team
Modder
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Recruitment Team (1) Training Team (1) Retired (1)
Frag of the match (1) Zeus Operations (3) Mission Designer (4)
Leadership (2) Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Public Regular (1)
Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
I played the closed beta of it, and it just looks like a quick money grab by Ubisoft. It just feels like it aimed at the younger market as it gets very repetitive very quickly.

Like Robbie said maybe a few matches whilst having a beer but not one of those games that you would play for hours.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:28 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3) Mission Designer (1)
Netcode Example:

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:07 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
That doesn't actually look like an issue with the netcode but an issue with the replay!

It seems like what's really happened is that the killer saw a solid hit because the victim's "hey, stop leaning" input/update hadn't yet reached him and/or the server. The server does some clever lag-compensation calculation and arrives at the correct result that the killer has successfully hit the victim. It then goes and sends the victim the "hey, fall over dead" command. This command arrives at the client sometime later at which point the player sees his character fall over dead.
There's usually a tiny bit of intentional "input lag" built into games to avoid the "hey, fall over dead" command arriving at a point where you e.g. ducked back behind cover but with bad internet connections, quick movements and a bit of 'luck' it cannot be avoided that every now and then you'll think of yourself as being safely behind cover just as your PC starts executing that "hey, fall over dead" command.

This is perfectly normal and in no way unfair -- hits are determined not by what the "victim" sees but by what the "killer" sees. (Or, because people love cheating, by what the server thinks the killer saw). Since your hits on other people are calculated the exact same way this is balanced and fair. And since the skill in most fps is in "moving a crosshair over a target" and not in "moving your body to dodge bullets", it's more important that the "attacker" view is correct than that the victim's view is correct.

The issue here seems to be that the re-play camera is showing the "wrong" view of the world. It's showing the view the victim's PC had when the kill actually happened but what it should really be showing is the view that the attacker had (or rather, the view that the server thinks the attacker had) when the kill happened. This would mean that you'd still fall over dead behind a wall but at least in the replay you'd see yourself get shot and go down as your attacker saw you get shot and go down.

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:20 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Or just crappy netcode.

There is no war to end all wars.

+ New Topic + Post Reply