1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)

Sangin/Takistan/Zargabad ALiVE server

I just wanted to update you with the Sangin mission I've been working on. (REVISED TO WORK ON TAKISTAN FOR THE PUBLIC Server 01/02/14)

• Featuring our own configured ASR_AI scripts to manage unique Opfor unit type Ai - e.g. Enemy snipers are BETTER shots than normal AK wielding Insurgents.
  • bCombat v0.16 - The best Squad based Ai routine at the moment - They Flank, Bound each other. take cover, lay down suppressive fire and communicate your location over the radio. They will fortify buildings and HUNT you down. Even if you are hidding on the top floor.
  • Sangin Map - still the A2 version but the A3 version is being released shortly so will be an easy port - blow through walls, custom buildings. Caves etc.
  • An Apache..... with buttons that work !
  • ALiVE profiling, OPCOM and CQB - more than 1200 Enemy units on the map at any one time !
  • F18's for those so inclined
  • Xmed medical system - think ACE kit. Morphine, EPI, Bandages etc etc
  • Vas box etc
  • Core units Massi's SFSG in DPM, but you can LEA in or VAS in what ever kit you need.

Release 4 includes the following changes.

• More dynamic ALiVE Ai - set to occupy new key locations on the map as the mission progresses. i.e. no more static CQB only + Sangin town. They will now move troops and vehicles about the map to secure it against the infidel invaders.
  • IED script - This spawns Small, Medium or LARGE IED's in sneaky places. You will need the "MineDetector" device to de-activate an IED - or you can blow it up.
  • Slightly increased - Opfor troops that will come to the aid of CQB fighters.

Mods you need

Standard 3CB A3 requisites

+

A3MP latest version (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23863)
ALiVE 0.5.6 (or latest) (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23684)
XMEDSYS (install and run with XEVENT which is including in download) (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.p ... tem-for-A3)
drIrregulars (download the Frosty fix version from TS file transfer)
AGGRESORS MOD (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24442)
SANGIN MAP (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14455)

AH-64D Apache Longbow (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22320) Plus the ArmA3 compatible controls file

These core mods have some dependancies

Massi's NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS for A3
Massi's African Conflict
Cunico's Hidden Identity Pack v1
Kiory's balaclava expanded
Sudden's Russians

It's currently sitting on the Private server dagger1 

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:42 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
Thanks for making this awesome SJ, it was fun to play the other day.

But I noticed quite a difference when I watched NullJeager's footage. The colours on Sangin for me are quite a horrid, almost fluorescent green, whereas on his video they looked really nice, kind of realistic. I don't see this 'problem' on other maps. Any ideas? I'm not running any colour changing mods or Blastcore.

ATI HD5850
Game settings on 'High'.

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:44 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Apollo - Cheers, not all my work. Frosty did a better job of balancing the ALiVE components - all I've done is loaded them onto the map and configured the details.

Graphics - not sure what's causing that for you. I do recall you referencing it looking "bad" and I put that down to not being quite as compatible as some of the other A3MP maps.

I see it as I think most people do as per Null's video. If you want we could try and run just the map together and see if we can figure out what's causing it ?

Batz... I appreciate the honesty and I know that for many people especially those that have been in the team for a long time lots of mods are a pain in the arse to manage. In many ways we were spoilt by ACE which basically bundled many of them together - along with the Official DLC it made some good content. Without that we have to make do with individual components. the GOOD news is that 99% if not 100% of them are on 6 and easy to find and maintain and bring so much more to the game - ref. your APAAAACHHHEEE call. I Feel your pain and your PASSION !!

Jamie discussed this with me earlier and because we want to make the permanent missions as inclusive yet exciting as possible I've back ported the revised SANGIN r4 mission to Takistan again...  (will be Takistan Insurgency r4)

You could say I've "ex-sanguinated" it.... lol.

So it went from Alive alpha on Takistan, which was Ok, to FROSTY ALiVE on FATA, to MkII on Sangin and now we're back on Takistan.

Plan would be to add this to the public rotation. No other mods needed just what's already Mentioned above. Infact the DR irregulars are not used as we're using the aggressors pack along with Iranian Mil support for the Takistan version until we get an OPFOR with some armor.

So the 
Massi's NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS for A3
Massi's African Conflict
Cunico's Hidden Identity Pack v1
Kiory's balaclava expanded
Sudden's Russians

Are not strictly needed, but won't do any harm on your machine to have as I guarantee they will come in handy elsewhere.

Will hopefully have this up and part of the public rotation shortly.

SJ

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:16 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Yes, there is a download to fix the Arma 2 map for Arma 3. 
It's something to do with invisible water when you drop below a certain altitude.

Unfortunately I have no idea where to find it. FrostyFrench or SerJames should be able to point you in the right direction.
Not sure why it isn't on the list of mods required though?

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:00 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Madshepherd wrote:
.... thin black line which appears centre screen running left to right. .

Is there any way to fix this

Firstly thanks for testing it out - great to see it being used and enjoyed. - Come play when it's busier it'll be ever MORE fun I promise :)

Apollo has rightly diagnosed the "A2 ponds" problem. There are two fixes/methods for this

A) This error IS now corrected on the latest version of Takistan via the A3MP pack. Please confirm you are running v 1.3.1 of the A3MP pack available here

################################################################################

B) If you are running All in Arma to access the map please follow the instructions found in the @AllInArma\a2oapondfix\remove_problematic_ponds.txt file.

I've copied the txt here for reference - note this isn't the easiest operation to carry out IMHO.

Right mouse button and select edit on the "Remove problematic ponds - Manual.bat"
In there set the correct path on your system for:
* _ARMA2_PATH=
* _ARMA2OA_PATH=
* _ARMA3_PATH=
* _TOOLS_PATH=
These paths must NOT include a trailing backslash.
Download and install fhe following tools by Mikero:
* ExtractPBO*.Installer.exe
* MakePBO*.Installer.exe
* DePbo*.rar
These can be downloaded at https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mikero-pbodll/files
The DePBO.dll needs to be copied to:
* 32 bit Windows: C:\Windows\System32
* 64 bit Windows: C:\Windows\SysWOW64
* Alternatively to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mikero\DePboTools\bin
If it complains about missing VS2012 dlls, download and install them from:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=30679
You can read more in the ReadMe.VS2012dlls.txt.
You may have run the batch file 'as Administrator'.
Right-click on the batch file and select this option from the popup menu to start the process.
The modified structures pbo's should appear in .\ARMA3\@A2OAPondFix\addons\
This is where the All-In-ArmA batch file launcher expects to reference them.

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:09 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
mwnciboo wrote:
A quick question, Xmeds is good but it is BETA, should we consider waiting until alot of the bugs are ironed out of it because much of our headaches in the last 2 weeks have been over and around this particular mod?  It's a genuine question, I'm not trying to stir it up, I think it maybe a little early to be using it, especially as even in the stable version, there are some strange bugs like the Phantom morphine overdose, and some Eppi issues.

XMED sys is stable and works as long as you stick to 1.3.2 Beta. There is a new 2.2 out but it's not tested yet so recommendation is to stick on the older version. Personally I think it's more stable for sure than BTC revive ever was and makes mission building a LOT easier as we have one less thing to script in.

The other point being, do we want the F-18, bearing in mind we do the British Military and the British Military has never operated the F-18? The F-35B is available as a Port from ARMA2 as is the AH-64, do we want to look at ditching the default US Helicopters for the British NATO Hellcats and AH64D?

If so that would be, F35B's, AH64 for CAS, Hellcats for light CAS and Light Transport, Merlin for heavy transport?

When the F35B offers the same level of gameplay fidelity the F18 does I will go with the suggestion for sure. AH64 is ready - badger Major Goodson to let us use it (it's actually on the map already just hidden! :) )

If someone points me to the best Mod to use for the Hellcats to get them into Brit colours I will try it and report back - Massi is busy updating all his mods so it may get added automatically to the UK Special forces mod. Suggest anyone who wants to avoid another mod to download - hassle him to add it to the core UK forces pack and we can update.

Merlin is already in obviously.

For naming purposes I suggest trying this client side mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23560 It renames all kit back to the proper names, as well as correcting the gamey vehicle physics.

Otherwise I love this game mode, it makes a good rotation. If we can get the Russian Equipped rebels into Cherno, rather than AAF it would be awesome. 

I'll leave that one to Frosty - should be easy to implement - using the Eastern Europe AGGRESSORs from our now standard aggressors pack. (caf_ag_eur)

I'm making a few tweaks to the r4 map this afternoon. So keep the comments and feedback coming. Ai too easy ? Too tough ? Not enough ? etc etc

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:31 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
What's IFAK ?

SJ

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:45 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Individual First Aid Kit IIRC.

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:59 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
shango wrote:
Had fun playing with Ark and Sloth for the short time we had! Any1 else getting these errors (below), plus I cant see any of the buttons/scroll bars when accessing the Virtual Ammo Box, is this normal?

This one is a Robert Hammer issue -  probably someone else on the map was running either 

@rh_m4_a3
@rh_pdw_a3
@rh_pistol_a3

Simple fix - down load the mod ;-P  they're all good gun mods and worthy of your HDD space.

This is a Takistan map issue - it's on the Original Map I copied across from Cat's A2 mission but not visible for me to see to delete. Either way it's harmless and it won't stop play

This is a new one :) I suspect that something funny went on with the Aggressors mod and it couldn't find one of the 4x4's. I will watch for this, but just check you have the aggressors mod installed properly.

This is an odd one. It's referencing a texture from A2. Possibly the same thing as before on the original A2 map and invisible for me in the editor to remove.

None of the errors are gamestoppers for you, just letting you know the texture is missing. I will try and see if I can manually remove the missing A2 markers.

VAS error is to do with the version - just needs updating. I don't use VAS anymore as I have LEA, so it's not a gamebreaker for me but I will try and update for you to latest version

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:21 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Are you absolutely sure you are running the up-to-date version of A3MP?

Is PWS updating the mods in your actual game folder, i.e. the folder ArmaSync is pulling mods from ? Or the default PWS My Docs folder ?

Try loading from within PWS using the private repo collection on Six. That will be EXACTLY what you need run and no extras or out of dates...

An out of date A3MP or running AiA without the pondfix is the only thing that could be causing it.

SJ

+ New Topic + Post Reply