Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

Whitelisted Arsenal

93 posts in this topic
Posted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:25 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Hench wrote:
Could you now perhaps do me the courtesy of answering my headline question of why it is the 3CB Minimis have been whitelisted for certain roles 
What are you on about with the roles? I've written the f***ing scripts myself and there's nothing in there about roles?? The slot that you're in has exactly 0 influence on the list of things you see in the arsenal?!

I'm sure that there are some items that we missed. The process of compiling these whitelists involves lots of config-dumps, regexp and manual processing of classnames. Some mods (like EvW) have 'nice' classnames that include e.g. "nato" or "ussr"....others tend towards a "vest_1","vest_2","vest_3" kind of naming which means it's much more likely that we've missed stuff from mods with bad classnames like that. 

If your favourite squeaky-toy uniforms/weapons have been erroneously missed, please post them as (comma seperated) lists of classnames (in quotes), divided into [uniforms/items], weapons, magazines and backpacks so that we can look at them and include them in the next mission version.

Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:10 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Just to calm the waters and move on here. Hench whether you meant to or not, your post came across a little aggressive - I assume that's just a perception thing etc.

We're not trying to nanny-state anything :-) Promise.

The overall objective is to just eliminate kit we felt wasn't adding value or could hinder public server gameplay.

As above lets not over-react - if a bit of kit was overlooked - apologies - get us the details and we can white-list it back in.

SJ

Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:06 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Howl wrote:
No one, I think, has overreacted to anything...

Lol how would you be able to tell Howl?

Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:14 am     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Modding Team (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
Not sure why this is becoming such an issue. In the past, before the virtual arsenal, we had a restricted VAS ammobox, removing enemy uniforms, vests, and weapons. No one had an issue with it as we were all aware that we shouldn't be using any enemy gear due to the increased difficulty in correctly identify targets / friendlies. The weapons were restricted as it was difficult to tell if a friendly was firing an enemy weapon, or an actual enemy. So they were removed to prevent random pubbies running around with inappropriate gear and spoiling the enjoyment of the majority. We survived. When the Virtual Arsenal was released, we all had access to everything as the old restrictions could no longer be enforced on the public server. It has taken until now to have a simple way of putting in place the ORIGINAL restrictions, i.e. remove Opfor, Independent, Civilian equipment and weapons, thermal scopes, explosive sniper rounds etc... Apart from the period of time between the end of the old VAS system and the new XLA, these items have always been restricted, and they will be restricted in the future. Opposing faction mods are used to give us access to opponents to shoot at, not to use their gear.

"Never turn down an ale, who knows if it may be your last."

Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:35 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
While I cant find it written down here (in fact I cant find any server rules at all) I am 100% certain that several admins made it clear that you should not use OPFOR gear, or weapons in general. Of course there are exeptions, like when you run out of ammo and have no chance to get ammo for your original weapons. Also when you do special events (3CB after midnight) where it is official that everyone will for a example leave base as russians etc. Beside that I have seen severak people getting warned, or kicked on the server for using OPFOR equipment. Since this is a established rule, it is only logical that the whitelisted arsenal deals with this.

So in the end this is just a rule, that is now directly being enforced by server mechanics and not all the time by admins.

If the majority wants to do some crazy leeway stuff on the public server in the late hour, this should still be possible if you get somebody online with zeus.

Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:01 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
I doubt the stkr uniforms will make a reappearance. With 3cb skins they're redundant. And when we release the equipment pack we'll stop using stkr all together.

Can't comment on the African skins I assume those are all blufor skins?

Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:24 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
clyde wrote:
Is this blacklist only mission specific? As I'm working on an operation where I'd like to use the Stkr uniforms for a group of royal engineers and an IED team that are not Royal Marines (although these wouldn't be in an arsenal, they'd have to be editor placed stkr units or have the uniforms equipped through a script). It would be nice if those units and uniforms were still available for scenarios such as those. Can we keep Stkr as an approved mod for use in operations?
The whitelisting thing is mission-specific, yes. The whitelist is defined in a script inside the mission. Since we don't usually use the arsenal on private missions it shouldn't really be relevant for those anyway.

Regarding STKR: I wouldn't bet on STKR being around for much longer - the @3CB Equipment pack will include updated versions of stalker's vests + all the other equipment from his mod so that in the medium to long term, @3CB Units (which will use @3CB Equipment and @3CB Weapons) will replace stalker's mod completely. 

Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:26 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
@Hench: Thanks for the classnames!  Expect to see these* coming in with either the next mission or the next mission update (depending on what Apollo has planned for the public)

*minus Stalker, as mentioned above.

Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:57 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
clyde wrote:
Alexander wrote:
clyde wrote:

Regarding STKR: I wouldn't bet on STKR being around for much longer - the @3CB Equipment pack will include updated versions of stalker's vests + all the other equipment from his mod so that in the medium to long term, @3CB Units (which will use @3CB Equipment and @3CB Weapons) will replace stalker's mod completely. 

Yes, but what I'm asking is will we still be able to use the Stkr mod on non-public missions so we can have British army units that are not Royal Marines.
Answered you on TS already but for everybody else: The @3CB equipment has the uniforms without the RM badges so you'll still have that capability 

Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:41 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
... but not with STKR as that will no longer be used. You can just use AAF or somthing and then  do a find and replace etc when our non Marine units are ready

+ New Topic + Post Reply