Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

Whitelisted Arsenal

93 posts in this topic
Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:43 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Potominkus wrote:
I would like to see the 3CB magazines back in the arsenal. What is the point of the Mod Team spending all their time creating mags for the guns they made when you're just going to blacklist them? Surely this is undermining what they've done? I understand that you want 'compatibility' within sections but it seems like a massive kick the in the nuts to the Mod guys when you say 'Nice job on the mags guys but I dont like them so I'm going to remove them with my super uber cool fun mod'

Thanks.
Yeah, I get your point and I think you're right. The next update will add the 3CB magazines (or rather, remove the auto-replace), add the Glock 17 magazines that some people noted were missing and add the UN uniforms/vests from massis.
I'm just waiting on feedback from the other NCO's about the UN vests, if there are no arguments made against them I'll add them to the whitelist tonight and send it to Apollo for inclusion in the next round of mission updates.

Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:47 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
Potominkus wrote:
I would like to see the 3CB magazines back in the arsenal. What is the point of the Mod Team spending all their time creating mags for the guns they made when you're just going to blacklist them? Surely this is undermining what they've done? I understand that you want 'compatibility' within sections but it seems like a massive kick the in the nuts to the Mod guys when you say 'Nice job on the mags guys but I dont like them so I'm going to remove them with my super uber cool fun mod'

Thanks.

They're not blacklisted.
They are available.
(checked Namalsk, 5.56mm mags) screenshot below

And even if they weren't, please be a little less aggressive in requesting changes. You were, after all, part of the NCO team that had an opportunity to approve or dis-approve of this before it went live.

Edit: just saw Alexanders post - not sure if they're being auto-removed, I see them in game fine even after leaving the arsenal.

Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:38 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
@Apollo: When you removed them from the blacklist, you didn't remove them from the auto-remove part of the script. (That activates only when you *open* the arsenal (for technical reasons), so you need to leave and come back to see them get replaced)

Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:53 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
Alexander wrote:
@Apollo: When you removed them from the blacklist, you didn't remove them from the auto-remove part of the script. (That activates only when you *open* the arsenal (for technical reasons), so you need to leave and come back to see them get replaced)

I see - so going to the arsenal, getting gear, then going on a mission - no problem, you have the mags. Only if you revisit the arsenal do they disappear. 
Yes, that definitely shouldn't be in there.

Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:47 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Agreed 3cb kit should definitely be in. And I can't see why we wouldn't allow NATO kit. It's just opfor kit we should be hiding

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:22 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Modding Team (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
There is nothing to agree or disagree with. This has always been standard practice on the public. It used to be limited with the VAS box mod. That was no longer useful when BIS released the Virtual Arsenal. Rather than abandoning the premise of restricting inappropriate gear on the public server, it has simply taken a while for there to be a suitable whitelist mod that works with the armoury. Now that we have it, a restricted ammobox has been implemented once again.

"Never turn down an ale, who knows if it may be your last."

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:43 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Didn't drop them... just not added on the whitelist.

Remember the process is to actively add things rather than specifically block stuff. Just the way it works.

Alex can you add face choice back in?

Can we also set all voices to "no voice" ?

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 2:13 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Modding Team (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
You can disagree with the standard practice. I was referring to your post regarding that fact that there were no recent NCO meeting or opinion polls ahead of placing the restrictions back on. This didn't happen because it was accepted standard policy to have restrictions on the gear used on the public server  - dating back at least two years if not more - but temporarily suspended due to the changes made to the equipment selection via updates to the game.

"Never turn down an ale, who knows if it may be your last."

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:09 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Faces is also a  technical problem . Apparently the mp support is sketchy. Will require some testing /research. People report that even with vanilla arsenal their faces don't show to jips 

I'll see what I can do but it'll require a mod update

Posted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:55 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Ohhhhh.. Recon drones! 
@Apollo: Did you update the whitelist for this mission? I think there's also a few things from the opfor pack that made it in (e.g. Pakol headware) 

+ New Topic + Post Reply