Burnes' Foxhound

38 posts in this topic
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:10 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Leadership (1) Operation Medal (2)
Yeah that is true but it's not because of our own choosing we just don't have the British vehicles in game at present that do the job.  Yes we had the Mastiff but it had huge issues with it that stops it being viable in game.  And I know we can't just conjure up another vehicle what with our list of jobs at present.  Hence why I suggested this, and if as Lifetap suggests we could potentially get the files from Burnes and add our stuff that would be amazing but even on it's own I'm sure it would be a great addition.

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:49 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Foxhound is a replacement for snatch.

Husky is penned as a replacement for defender.

It would be nice to have the 432 series in and we have a base model but that needs a lot of work.

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:51 pm     Super secret spam barrier

The tactics for protected mobility in conventional warfare use a different company structure that 3cb use its 4 platoons 3 mounted in foxhound and 1 in rwmik then 2 jav dets in rwmik as well.  Foxhound are only armed for their own protection not for fire support.   

Jav dets are a recce screen, they find the en , mg platoon fixes the enemy, rest of the cover move to z muster dismount and destroy en. 

It's a good vehicle if used properly there is just f**k all room in them.

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:19 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
Wouldn't make much sense to have a Bulldog since it's being phased out entirely but I could see it's benefits. Would be nice to have.

And I don't recall our modpack actually having any MRAPs? Unless a Jackal and a Coyote is now considered MRAPs, then sorry. We don't actually have any decent patrol and mine resistant vehicles right now. However both the Coyote and Jackal are working fine at the moment, just having different vehicles will open more opportunities and flavour.

There isn't much access to British armoured vehicles for ArmA 3 right now. Last I recall was Burnes' Warrior but I think he scrapped that, which is a massive shame. A Scimitar wouldn't hurt, but I don't see one being made any time soon.

Again, variety never hurt anyone. It'd also be a good change of pace from the standard Jackal engagements. I'm just really looking forward to the new RMWIKs we'll be getting.

That one lad from Essex.

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:04 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
Also looking at the availability from the ArmA 3 modding community. Unfortunately there's isn't nearly enough Mechanized British kit than there is motorized. If we have access, and have the modders permission, to use a mod and modify it to our own standards and looks, we should take the opportunity and add it to our modpack. Since the 3CB modpack is by far the best BAF set of mods currently out around the ArmA3 Mod community. If there was a modder who made a set of FV400 series of vehicles, I'd be all over it. And unfortunately again, there isn't any. (That I know of)

Having an armoured vehicle with proper protection is better than having one with an open top cover. I can't even count the amount of times I've been slotted in the passenger seat of a Jackal on the pub. An issue which would be correct with the Foxhound. If we're still talking about the 3CB modpack, we don't actually have any other vehicle which has the same role that the Wolfhound will if we add it. The RMWIKs are RPG magnets and will blow up after three magazines of 5.45 or two belts of 7.62. And hopefully when the Ridgeback is finally corrected with it's ACE interact issue, it'd be nice to have that in the modpack too. With our own modifications of course.

In order for us to actually get an APC, we'd need someone to model the base and we can continue, right? I'm not 100% sure what goes on behind the scenes with our modders so I can't really make much of a statement on that matter. Also the vanilla Warrior works fine, imo. It's just dogsh*t ugly and has a grim green paint coat over it.

Also about 2/3rds of the current British Army kit is heavily based on combat experience from OP Tellic and Herrick, so we don't really have that much of conventional warfare kit as we did say pre-Tellic.

That one lad from Essex.

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:27 pm     Super secret spam barrier

The herrick kit is being used in a conventional role now. Mastiff is the bases of the heavy protected mobility battalions, foxhound the light protected mobility, jacket in light cavalry.  Armoured infantry use warrior, air assault still use helis and light role still use their own 2 feet. 

Until ajax is brought into service then we don't really know what is going to happen after 2020.

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:59 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
Yeah I know we use more than our own Benzy mate I talking about our actual modpack sorry on that then must've said it wrong. I get we use different mods for the pub repo and such but if we have our own why not expand it. Again I rarely use the Warrior and when I do use it I rarely have any problems with it. The lack of munitions is probably the only noticeable thing for me.

I get we didn't fight a mechanized conventional Russian enemy, which is why our kit isn't designed to fight against a conventional military. But the truth is that a large majority of our current kit is specifically designed to deal with afghan\late iraq insurgency scenarios in mind rather than the 1960's+ long European conventional engagements. Not 100% what you're implying at the later part of that statement but if what I think you're saying is actually what you're saying then yeah I agree with you lol

And yeah Sleepingbag last I've been to merville, woolich and kendrew barracks majority of the kit sitting in stores and hangars are mastiffs, ridgebacks wmiks and all types of land rovers. 1ra and 2ra both use the same type of kit even though they have different roles as battalions (last I saw atleast lol budget cuts but that was a while ago) But I haven't really kept up to date on the latest kit so I have no idea what's going on in the background right now

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:24 am     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Modding Team (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
The mod team have the source files for Cleggy's Ridgeback. We will be making our own version at some point in the future, along with the 6-wheeled Mastiff version.

However, our current priority are bug fixes to the packs caused by the recent updates to Arma / ACE3, upgrades and additions to our weapons (sounds, models, scopes from RKSL, commando mortar, L119a1's), and additions to the Equipment. The units then need adjusted to use these new load outs, which will also include changes to the starting medical equipment (i.e. bandages other than Quick Clot). 

Alongside all of those, we are currently working on our own Merlin to go with the Wildcats / Apache, an M3M 0.50cal for the Wildcat, and a large Opfor pack providing factions suitable for each type of currently available map.

Given that there are only a handful of people in the mod team actively working on this, you can understand why it takes a while to respond to any request.

"Never turn down an ale, who knows if it may be your last."

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:23 pm     Super secret spam barrier

I've no problem with doing historical stuff at all, there are plenty of senarios all around West Germany.

Has anyone asked clergy for his 432 model?  I'm sure trouble had chieftains and a number of other postwar to 1991period models?

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:15 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Operations Design Team

Ribbons:
Service Medal (2) Media Man (1) Donator (1)
Mission Designer (3) Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1)
Operation Medal (4)
I noticed Burnes gave the 3CB vehicles a mention in his latest update.

My YouTube Channel
All my content is available with the CC BY 4.0 license.

+ New Topic + Post Reply