3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

C-Tab

63 posts in this topic
Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:06 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Benzy wrote:
So are we actually allowed to discuss dissenting viewpoints and weigh in benefits vs negatives or will it just be a repeat of the last thread again should i try to actually post something that isn't worshiping C-Tab.

Read: I intend to be argumentative but want the option of saying "Told you so" later.

Just say what you want to say, there have been plenty of pros and cons batted around in this thread without people getting overly arsey

Murphy's Law of Combat Operations # 8: If at first you don't succeed... call in an airstrike.
ImageImage

Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:07 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
Everyone is free to comment as long as they don't make personal aggressive attacks on other people's opinions or their character. There is a 7 page thread here to prove the point of positive mature discussion.
Keep it objective and let us know what you like or don't like, not why another person might be an idiot for holding their particular opinion. 

Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:07 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Operations Coordinator
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder

Ribbons:
Zeus Operations (2) Mission Designer (4) Leadership (1)
Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Operation Medal (4)
So your concerns aren't related to the functionality of the C-Tab mod itself, but rather who gets access to what features of it? Which seems to be where a lot of folks are drawing the proverbial line in the sand.

If that is the case, this probably deserves its own private forum poll.

1. All agree/disagree the functionality works for the unit in one form or another
  2. If the consensus is positive and in favor of the mod itself let popular vote determine how we implement (see current ACE setup for example).

Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:45 pm     Super secret spam barrier

The army use similar equipment. It's all linked up on bowman on a data net. We also use handheld GPS. Garmin fortrex 401 is what I personal use. Most troops don't even have maps let alone GPS or LTDT. 

As to the use of c tab commanders are going to be. The main. Users, everyone in a section doesn't need to know where the whole company is all the time.its just information overload. The main point of it is for situational awareness and allowing commanders to make decisions quicker. 

Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:40 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
Yeah, reg inf don't use this sort of kit. Never heard the issue of troops not having maps to deal with? But that might've been a problem on theatre rather than battalion

Will there be a thread in the private discussions portal with a voting system to see if the majority want\don't want the mod? Because I really don't mind it if only SL's, troop and coy have access to the mod. Strongly oppose everyone in an ops having it, however. Since it's basically easy mode, and makes the map, compass and map tools completely redundant, as it basically tells you everything in only half a dozen words. It's better than having the magic map, however. That we can all agree on.

Also @Benzy, I mean I get it if you're over-exaggerating what you say but nearly, if not every, Mid-week and Norm-Ops I've been to, we've never had a blue on blue engagement. And we rarely "f**k up" either, and when someone does, it's not a game changing piss up, rather someone drops a grenade, throws a grenade which would not have collided with the environment, but it did because ArmA. And a section getting lost? Been here for nearly a year now, and I've never heard of that happening, since the GPS and NATO map markers tell you and your grandmothers exact location to the grain of sand. But then again, this could all just be my luck of not witnessing it. Image

That one lad from Essex.

Posted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:26 pm     Super secret spam barrier

I'm an infantry signaler and I have used it on exercise. It's all part of the bowman kit and also Links up with the prr now with the GPS antenna.

Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:14 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Had a play with the cTabs in choppers last night which are now enabled. Love it.

A little tip for cTab for those that use 'H' bound to ACE medical menu.
Set cTab to open with Shift+H

Escape>options>controls>configure addons>cTab

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:29 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Johnston from the 15thMEU told me C-tab is spamming rtp errors since the last update. BI forums seem to confirm this:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/15697 ... ce/page-12

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:45 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
Serjames, if you get a chance could you take a look at the pub server RPT and let me know if we need to pull ctab from the repo until it's fixed. I'll be home to update around 11pm.

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:02 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Not downed tools yet. Will take a look adsp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ New Topic + Post Reply