3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
6 posts in this topic
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:53 pm     Super secret spam barrier

BREN Gun

Hi everyone,

I wouldn't be surprised if you have had this request before, but I was wondering if some of you talented people out there would fancy making a BREN/L4A4 for the game? While i know you are looking at currently used British kit, it was used up until 2006, so is still not 'that' out of date. Main reason is I am in the process of setting up a Falklands scenario using Whole Lotta Altis and that is the only missing piece of kit. Also, i'm playing a lot of Antistasi and we are working on editing our game to take into account the amount of British kit that was supplied to the resistance forces and stored on Greek islands during and after ww2 (they are still finding weapons caches in the middle east full of lee enfields, stens and brens). We thought it would add a great 'make do' feeling to use them as starting kit.

I'm sure this would be very popular if someone does fancy it, even if you released it as something separate to your 3CB stuff.

Best wishes 

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:48 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Modder
Public Mission Admin
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Server Admin
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Helpful Techie (1) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Training Team (1) Zeus Operations (2)
Mission Designer (5) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5)
Masterdoddy, we'd love to add the older weapons, but they are way down on the priority list.  Our focus is today's kit (equipment, uniforms, vehicles and weapons) and then slowly moving backwards.

If we manage the primary weapons of the Falklands era that will be a bonus.  Anything else is realistically not likely to happen.

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:30 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Thanks both. I only realised after I made the post that the most recent update had added thr falklands kit. The l4a4 was the standard lsw for the falklands, so it would make sense if you are able to get it in there. There is a video on youtube of someone having made the bren for a ww2 mod, by no further info at all. Might be worth contacting see if you can get the model so you aren't starting from scratch. Link here

http://www.moddb.com/mods/war-chronicle ... -bren-test

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:04 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Leadership (1) Operation Medal (2)
Tbh that model and textures look rubbish. Not something that I'd expect us to touch with a barge pole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:18 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Regardless would need remodelling as the magazine on the later 7.62 re-chamber is a different shape to the Banana .303 mag

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:08 am     Super secret spam barrier

Cheers all. I was mostly thinking to use it as a starting point. Save all the initial work if easier :) Anyway, keep up the good work. Looking forward to playing with the SLR after work today ;) 

+ New Topic + Post Reply