Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

Sunday Operation. Round 3(?)

36 posts in this topic
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:50 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
DeeJay wrote:
This is currently the media Sub-Forum in the public area, suggest if we want to discuss what happened on Sunday or how we move forward, take it the the private discussion forum

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

So far I dont see much problems with the discussion going on here. However I agree that we should discuss options and tactics for TvT's in the private area.

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:58 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5)
dom.stb wrote:
Mefirst wrote:
We were (on INDIE) using the worst tactic for a scenario like this. This may sound cynical but the biggest mistake was trying to play as a normal section. The funny thing that this is one of the cases where realism and gameplay tactics are closer together as you think. About 74 years ago some germans tried to conquer the city of Stalingrad and they had huge issues against the infantry tactics from the russian army which changed their tactics. They divided their infantry into small fighting groups consisting of 2-3 people armed with automatic weapons and hand grenades and that worked very well. Similar tactics also work pretty well in TvT/PvP in most first person shooters. You are more flexible and if things go wrong you dont end up loosing 90% or worst of a section.

I've often wanted to have the fire team as the basic element in TvTs rather than the section - especially in MOUT situations. 
Well why not try it that way then? No one will hurt you for it. :D I mean it's all a trial and error situation in this group anyway. 

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:34 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Niko wrote:
dom.stb wrote:
Mefirst wrote:
We were (on INDIE) using the worst tactic for a scenario like this. This may sound cynical but the biggest mistake was trying to play as a normal section. The funny thing that this is one of the cases where realism and gameplay tactics are closer together as you think. About 74 years ago some germans tried to conquer the city of Stalingrad and they had huge issues against the infantry tactics from the russian army which changed their tactics. They divided their infantry into small fighting groups consisting of 2-3 people armed with automatic weapons and hand grenades and that worked very well. Similar tactics also work pretty well in TvT/PvP in most first person shooters. You are more flexible and if things go wrong you dont end up loosing 90% or worst of a section.

I've often wanted to have the fire team as the basic element in TvTs rather than the section - especially in MOUT situations. 
Well why not try it that way then? No one will hurt you for it. :D I mean it's all a trial and error situation in this group anyway. 

Yeah we kind of did it in the last mission where I split up both fireteams a lot and also had my fireteam split into half. It worked well even we lost the mission due to the officer being taken out (we had more players alive in the end as blufor).

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:09 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Called Operation Perseus Blade.

Was pretty nice exept you can have some bad luck with the spawn of the VIP INDIE has to protect. In our case he spawned in a building that was impossible to defend from the north.

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:37 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Leadership (1) Operation Medal (2)
It's a nice mission just didn't flow with what else we had done it's more of a normal op. Which is nice it's long game play but not when you start at 9 or what ever time we did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:50 pm     Super secret spam barrier

From previous experience, you might have to make sure the close protection unit has nvgs...

Murphy's Law of Combat Operations # 8: If at first you don't succeed... call in an airstrike.
ImageImage

+ New Topic + Post Reply