3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

3CB/15th MEU - Operation Phoenix - Livestream Trailer

34 posts in this topic
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:14 am     Super secret spam barrier

Well, we aren't a German unit. If you want to put together something to raise the profile with a German/European audience feel free. I barely speak passable English, my German truly sucks, So better you than me.

Murphy's Law of Combat Operations # 8: If at first you don't succeed... call in an airstrike.
ImageImage

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:44 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
It will most likely not just be blocked in germany. There are also other countried where videos get blocked when they have music in it that falls under copyright laws. In some countries youtube/google was able to make agreements like that if you monetize videos a percentage of your income will go to the artist/copyright owner.

I always try to avoid using copyright music because in the worst case it can lead up to the channel getting reported and be taken down by youtube.

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:28 am     Super secret spam barrier

The problem with royalty free music is that in 50% of cases you still have to pay to use it and nearly 100% of cases it's terrible. Either in terms of musicality or production. Of course there are exceptions but they are few and far between. If we get a copyright strike I'll happily re-evaluate, but as I've been uploading videos for years using copyrighted music and never had one, I'll take my chances.

Honestly I'd love for our videos to be popular enough for this to be something to worry about, but with 340 subs and c100 views per video it really is a non-issue.

Murphy's Law of Combat Operations # 8: If at first you don't succeed... call in an airstrike.
ImageImage

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:42 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
All it takes is one dedicated asshole with a few internet friends. Youtube is (sadly) not very subtle when it comes how they handle report. When they get enough reports, they will close the channel down and ask questions (if at all) later and the irony is that you have to proof your innocence, while the guy who reported the channel should proof it. So I usually try to give people like that a very small target.

About copyright strikes. I can tell you that in the past 2-3 videos that were linked on the channel via playlists have been automatically removed by youtube because of copyright stuff.

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:04 am     Super secret spam barrier

Strange that there have been no issues at all with direct uploads if copyright is the issue.

ImageImage

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:07 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Those werent videos that were directly uploaded to the channel. Those were videos from other people that were added to one of the playlists. You get a very small popup at the top of the page that says that a video has been removed from a playlist due to copyright. Those videos got removed weeks and months after they were uploaded.

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:12 am     Super secret spam barrier

Exactly, it's likely the original uploader had them monetised. No use fretting about videos we have little control over.

ImageImage

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:56 am     Super secret spam barrier

Faceache picked up on it on our page and took it down. I just appealed it and the vid went back up in minutes.

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:10 am     Super secret spam barrier

Did you upload to facebook or share the YouTube link?

ImageImage

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:14 am     Super secret spam barrier

LessThanDave wrote:
Did you upload to facebook or share the YouTube link?
Upload to page

+ New Topic + Post Reply