3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
10 posts in this topic
Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:53 pm     Super secret spam barrier

My first online experience...

Wow, just wow... So up until tonight I have only played the vanilla Arma 3 campaign, then I came across 3CB! My first experience in the public server was just out of this world, that much so I have decided to type a follow up report of my experience... So first off I accepted some help off a 3CB member on showing me the ropes online, getting used to ACE etc, Warren was really helpful in going over everything, showing me around and helping me get to grips with what ACE has to offer and how 3CB does things. I actually thought all I would be doing tonight was that little bit of training, but little did I know what was to follow... I had an LMG with a couple of spare boxes of ammunition, some frag grenades and smoke, loaded into a Jackal with about 4 others and off we went, the mission, to rescue a hostage from a compound which we later found out was like the Wild West! We started foot patrol single file through the hills and before we new it s**t started to hit the fan, two enemy sections in the distance, my job was to suppress the enemy on the right, so I lay down into the prone position and started laying down fire to then get shot in the head :/ Haha, anyway back at base i respawn to a message saying Whiskey was inbound to transport myself and Dobbeh back to the troop, we got into more distant firefights before moving into a 3 story building to take cover from the enemy that was closing in on us from all directions, mortar rounds started pounding our position, with a few of us needing medical attention and myself losing a lot of blood. We applied first aid and split into two fire teams, Charlie and Delta with myself being in Charlie. Close air support helped take out the enemy mortar team and so we pushed on clearing each part of the villiage at one point having to set up an all round defensive position in a small FOB fighting off more incoming enemy forces, me running low on ammo at this point being given a couple of 5.56mm magazines to see me through, after gaining the upper hand thanks to Close Air Support we Approached the mosque which we new held the hostage in the vicinity. We pushed through, there was heavy enemy presence and s**t really started hitting the fan. Delta obtained the hostage and so we set up a defensive position inside the mosque as enemy forces started coming in fast, all of a sudden a BMP starts pounding us, at this point we have very little ammo, the hostage has not been extracted and we are surrounded, Delta managed to scavenge an AT launcher and take the BMP out, we drove out to an LZ where we extracted the hostage before returning to base, and even then we had the 50 Cal letting rip on enemy positions as we drove back with me on. The front mounted GPMG, we got out of the vehicles and reflected on what just happened, 3CB members saying that was the most intense public server mission they had ever done... All I can say is I'm applying to become a full member, a great bunch of guys who have a laugh whilst playing the game how's it's supposed to be played, a real military simulator!

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:07 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (6) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
Nice to hear your story and welcome.

Most of us will fondly remember our own first experience with 3CB on the public server too.

Have fun here!

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:11 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Sergeant
Sergeant
Other duties:
Operations Design Team
Operations Coordinator
Mini-Op Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Zeus Operations (1) Mission Designer (3) Leadership (1)
Operation Medal (3)
Good to hear you enjoyed mate!
See you on the battlefield no doubt

TLS_Cud

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:12 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Sergeant
Sergeant
Other duties:
Public Events Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (2) Donator (1) Public Regular (1)
Operation Medal (3)
Glad you enjoyed it buddy! So surprised we all managed to survive. 

So same again tomorrow yeah? 

Memento Mori. Be mindful of death

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:31 am     Super secret spam barrier

Application sent ImageWas awesome playing with you guys, and yes i will be on tonight again for sure and possibly in the day kids depending Image

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:46 am     Super secret spam barrier

Glad you enjoyed, if I had any way of explaining the public server to anyone, it would be this! Also, just for clarification, I am not a 3CB member, I've just been here for a long time! Anyways, looking forward to more with you Buzzard, for a newbie, you were one the most responsive and active players in the squad, even if you got your ACE settings a bit messed!

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:03 am     Super secret spam barrier

Haha thanks buddy! Just got all my settings sorted now on the Public Server in the base, no one was on so thought that would be best time to do that! Looking forward to getting on later! 

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:13 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (6) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Operation Medal (2)
Great write up!

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:24 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Recruitment Manager
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Modder
Game Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Donator (1) Training Team (1)
Modding Team (1) Recruitment Team (1) Zeus Operations (3)
Mission Designer (3) Leadership (2) Public Regular (1)
Operation Medal (3) Weapons Operator (1)
LazyBuzzard86 wrote:
My first online experience...

I was so worried before i read the post ;)

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:52 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Haha I bet you were Nemi! I just looked at that myself!

+ New Topic + Post Reply