3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
10 posts in this topic
Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:33 am     Super secret spam barrier

Xonar DG 5.1 Tinny as an australian beer.

As RDogg says. The way 5.1 works with regard to bass is the same as stereo. Therefore you can turn bass up and down via an EQ. But you have the .1 channel that plays all the audio from the other 5 channels that are below a certain frequency. There will be a setting somewhere to adjust this. It will be name sub threshold or similar. It's also worth remembering that if you're using headphones you don't actually have 5.1. Its virtual surround as you only technically have 2 drivers.

Murphy's Law of Combat Operations # 8: If at first you don't succeed... call in an airstrike.
ImageImage

Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:21 am     Super secret spam barrier

Sounds like an EQ issue. Try dipping the frequencies between 2.5 and 4 kHz. It may help

Murphy's Law of Combat Operations # 8: If at first you don't succeed... call in an airstrike.
ImageImage

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:56 am     Super secret spam barrier

Out of curiosity did this give you any extra frames? In theory it should take the audio processing workload away from the cpu

ImageImage

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:44 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Is it worth getting one? I have 5.1 on the mobo ?

Parker 3CB

His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of curiosity.

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:53 am     Super secret spam barrier

You have hd graphics on the mobo too I imagine, if this isn't good enough you get a dedicated gpu. The question is are you happy with your current audio, if not then 90% of the time a dedicated sound card will improve quality.

ImageImage

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:29 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
LessThanDave wrote:
You have hd graphics on the mobo too I imagine, if this isn't good enough you get a dedicated gpu. The question is are you happy with your current audio, if not then 90% of the time a dedicated sound card will improve quality.

I have a dedicated GPU, sound is only ever through headphones i got no problems for now :)

Parker 3CB

His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of curiosity.

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:36 am     Super secret spam barrier

Tbh I've never used a dedicated sound card before. But from what I've read the difference in quality can be pretty spectacular. Since the dgx is about £30 on amazon I've ordered one to give it a go

ImageImage

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:49 am     Super secret spam barrier

Apparently the card has its own connector for the front panel. You would just need to unplug your headphones from the front to get the audio to come out of the speskers

ImageImage

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:56 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Once my pc is fixed Il see if I get get a software eq for it. Give myself a few mire options sound wise

ImageImage

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:48 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Well impressed with th dgx. Spent half an hour or so tweaking settings an I'm properly made up with it

ImageImage

+ New Topic + Post Reply