Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:31 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Modding Team (1) Mission Designer (1)
Operation Medal (3) Weapons Operator (1)
Thanks for the feedback. It is something to confirm.

However, it is largely inefficient to be testing in the armoury. For a start you can't destroy vehicles in the armoury, so it is possible that explains why you can't remove the wheel with ACE. 

Also, testing with average frames of 6-7 will probably cause problems with items such as the Siren.

Top cover on the Snatch Rover is due to a FFV turn out limitation. It is set up like the Apex Prowler. While it is possible to allow the unit to complete a 360 turn, the unit's feet will continue to face forward so the firing field was reduced.

The lights are also an engine limitation. Reflectors issue.

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:47 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (6) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
Many thanks Sanders, comprehensive and interesting as always.
Here are some quick comments:

- Land Rovers are listed as "Green" despite being able to change the colour. Name's remain "XXXX (Green)" despite being a different colour. (Only in Armoury)
Limitation of the Arsenal Garage - correctly named when selected from Eden
- ACE "Remove Wheels" clones rather than remove them on all vehicles. (Only in Armoury)
Don't check in Armoury
- Removing first wheel through ACE "Remove Wheel" retains model and wheel, cloning it once, but damaging the wheel. The vehicle slumps to that side, and the wheel sinks into the ground. Trying again fully removes the tyre. (Result is two tyres removed from one port, ONLY appears to happen on rear wheels)
Don't check in Armoury
- "Hide Sign" feature doesn't appear to do anything.
Signage is on the RAF version (and may appear on subsequent releases), most vehicles don't have signs.
- Ambulance Siren doesn't repeat correctly.
There's a tiny glitch as the wav file ends/restarts, best we could do.
- Ambulance rear doors don't offer protection (Feature?)
Correct, it's not armoured.
- Can't turn to the rear in Snatch Rover top cover.
As Evrik noted, limitation of FFV and deliberate.
- Cannot remove netting on Snatch Rover. (Feature?)
Correct, not removable.
- Northern Ireland paint scheme on Snatch Rover: Text Unreadable. (Feature?)
Not unreadable to anyone else in testing. Maybe your settings?
- Bonnet doesn't offer any protection.
Correct, not armoured, just cosmetic for screenshots.
- Rear Door for WMIK rover offers no protection. (Feature?)
Will be investigated.
- Ears ring when firing MILAN ATGM despite having earplugs\defenders.
Known game issue, happens with similar vanilla weapons too.
- All Land Rovers won't be destroyed when by RPG (HE and HEAT): Only damaged.
Will be investigated.
- All Land Rovers won't be destroyed when by Tank Round (APFSDS and HE): Only damaged.
Will be investigated.
- WMIK should be "RWMIK" (WMIK's turned to RWMIK's before MTP introduction
The model is WMIK. RWMIK's had improvements to under-chassis armour and roll cage not shown on our release. We could have left out an MTP version, but thought it overly restrictive.
- WMIK reaches 162km/h (100mp/h) off-road when it should be limited to 80 km/h (50mp/h) off-road
This source (and others) give mettled road performance which we have used (not able to distinguish surface types): http://www.eliteukforces.info/uksf-gear/wmik/ 
- SNATCH rovers capable of reaching 105km/h (65mp/h) Off-road when Snatch's flat-out at 61 mp/h on metalled roads.
- SNATCH Rovers should be named "Snatch-2A 24v"
Agreed, but not enough room to prevent name clipping in the display.
- Northern Ireland SNATCH Rovers should be named "Snatch-2B 24v"
Agreed, but not enough room to prevent name clipping in the display.

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:11 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1) Frag of the match (1)
T90, he say landrover go boom boom very nicely...

Ammunition types do effect it. 

Tested:
 RPG - various warheads
Milan
Various firearms up to .50
T90 various ammo incl HEAT, HE-FRAG ATGM

As far as I can see, it is working as intended.

You know cars don't explode when you shoot the fuel tank, right?

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:42 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
Strange, I tested initially through armoury and then through editor. The errors I've encountered only in Armoury have been listed as "Armoury only."

Regarding the wheel tyre clone problem, the rear wheels duplicate once when you remove them ONLY on the rear wheels, outside of Armoury.

Understandable regarding the 180 limit. I'd suggest maybe a quick script, labelling it as "Turn Around", making the character avatar face the rear of the vehicle, so now you're limited to a 180 facing the back? I can forsee problems during OPs when an infantry contact comes up behind a convoy of Snatch's and the tailend charlie can't engage. Of course, if it's not possible, it was just a suggestion anyway.

Regarding the text for the NI Rover; I have my settings on ultra, which is why I was around 6-7 frames average. I'll have another look, tweak my settings a bit to see if it's a problem only on my end.

Also, about the destruction of the Land Rover, I should've pointed out I only fired one or two rounds at the vehicle. The first shot destroyed the wheels, hull and engine. The fuel was orange. The second round hit, but didn't destroy. And no other modules of the vehicle was effected. Initially tested all Rovers with an RPG-7 using HEAT, HE and Thermobaric. Later, with a T-72, using HE-FRAG, HE and APFSDS. RHS's Russian mod, if that makes any difference.

Cheers

That one lad from Essex.

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:03 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Founder

Ribbons:
Sanders wrote:
Regarding the text for the NI Rover; I have my settings on ultra, which is why I was around 6-7 frames average. I'll have another look, tweak my settings a bit to see if it's a problem only on my end.

This is what you should see:

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:06 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
Texture on the NI SNATCH's fixed itself. Was a problem my end, my theory has something to do with the rendering or a memory limit.

Protection and damage models are still an issue, though. As well as the tyre clone bug. I've recorded several short videos showcasing the problems, but it'll be in pisspoor FPS. Can upload them if you want to see what i'm on about.

P.S: Don't want you, or the mod team, to think I'm some sort of ingrate. Really good stuff

That one lad from Essex.

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:28 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Founder

Ribbons:
No, it's fine Sanders, your feedback is always welcome.
I've added the ballistic protection and tyre swapping reports to our bug tracker and we'll investigate in detail in due course.

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:55 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (2) Media Man (2) Mission Designer (3)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
well me and Andrew tested out he ambulance and there are some flaws into it. It has nice thing to it but there are some problems whit the ACE loading
patients in to the ambo on the benches there will only fit one in and that is on the middle seed you can’t load them direct on the stretches.                                      
And the back doors that you can walk thru.  

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:44 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Founder

Ribbons:
Thanks for the report Predator and Andrew.
Reference the LR Ambulance:

1. Are you able to load unconscious patients into other vehicles 'turreted' (tech term) positions? Such as Merlin door/ramp gunner positions? If not, it may be a problem/limitation with @ace3.

2. We deliberately didn't give the rear doors a collision geometry for various technical reasons, one of which is that door animations are not properly synchronised between clients in multiplayer, sometimes opening up to 5-6 seconds later! As the Ambulance doors are not armoured they would offer no ballistic protection anyway, so the only downside is that you can cosmetically clip through if near enough, which we judged was better than players receiving random injuries or being shoved out of the way by unsynchronized door animations.

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:05 am     Super secret spam barrier
Sergeant
Sergeant
Other duties:
Operations Design Team

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Donator (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (1)
Ambulances and csar merlin:
The ace loading bug is confirmed, only the middle seat is permitted to load unconscious units into. This definitely reduces the use of the ambulance with ace.
The merlin csar will not allow you to load patients into gun / pilot positions.
You can load patients into ffv turret positions such as the cabin seats on a jackel and also the top gunner too once they are filled but not the driver or commander.

Slightly odd, talks to pixels.

+ New Topic + Post Reply